Why we Love the Cold Shoulder Top Trend!
Posted on 28 February 2017
The cold shoulder trend first hit the catwalks in Fall 2016 and it is most definitely here to stay. From bodycon open shoulder jumpsuits to casual t-shirts and sweaters, to sexy tops and hot figure hugging dresses, no garment has escaped the trend. And we’re glad, because we LOVE it. Here’s why:
- The cold shoulder trend still lets you show off some skin – without revealing too much
- Unlike midriffs, your shoulders won’t scream “I had too much pasta at dinner and have the bloat!”
- Shoulders, unlike upper arms and other body parts, don’t show signs of aging
- You don’t need to be stick thin and ultra confident to show a little shoulder
- They’re perfect now the weather is (we hope!) showing signs of getting a little warmer
This is why the trend is going nowhere – cold shoulder tops suit everyone and they’re an easy way of staying bang on trend. Even now, a few months down the line from the Fall 2016 fashion shows as we enter Spring 2017, the cut out shoulder top shows no signs of stopping, with even major fashion houses offering their (high end) versions.
Whatever your personal style is, glam and sexy, low key and casual, or sweet and girly, check out our selection of affordable cold shoulder fashion and find the perfect dress, top, sweater, or shirt for you!